Director, Public Sector
Huawei Canada is looking for a senior business development leader to be its inaugural Director of Government Solutions. The successful individual is business savvy with public sector industry experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Huawei’s reputation as one of the top 5 most innovative technology companies in the world as recognized by Fast Company Magazine.
Based in Ottawa or Markham, and in partnership with the Vice President of Government Affairs, the candidate will work to generate business opportunities and shape public policy within the various Federal, Provincial and Municipal levels of government across the country.
The Director will be responsible for:
- Champion oneself as a subject matter expert and thought leader within government.
- Building and expanding our business partnerships with government departments and agencies across the country;
- Driving new product solutions, usage and user experiences in the execution of strategic priorities to the business;
- Developing collateral, internal and external product content as well as collaborating with in-country, regional and global product partners and other industry stakeholders;
This is a diverse role that will be structured to best suit the assets of the right candidate. Ideally, those interested in the role should have extensive experience in any number of the following:
- 10+ years’ experience working within government(s) shaping public policy and/or generating business leads in the areas of ICT within the public sector;
- A deep understanding of Strategic Communications and Government Relations;
- Familiar with SME solutions and enterprise business;
- Good relationships and excellent reputation within the ICT industry;
- A demonstrated understanding of the ICT and telecommunications industry, including future trends and emerging technologies;
- Must know and have experience with government & public sector procurement policies and procedures
- Knowledge and/or relevant work experience on matters related to Canada’s bilateral relationship with China, Asia and its geopolitical complexities;
After numerous successes within the public service, this would be an excellent role for someone who is thinking about the next chapter of their career in the private sector and is also interested in mentoring the next generation workforce at Huawei.
The candidate must be a Canadian resident and have the ability to travel both domestically and overseas. While not required, fluency in either French and/or Chinese is an asset for the role.
Globally, Huawei is one of the world’s largest telecommunications and ICT companies, employing over 185,000 people, and operating in 170 countries worldwide.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be at the forefront of a number of major public policy files for Canada. The successful candidate in this search has a passion for taking on a challenging opportunity, and recognizes the value of a managing a complex file in support of multiple stakeholder interests.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
All applicants can send their details to Christine.email@example.com.