Chief of Staff, Office of the Leader
The Canadian Senators Group (CSG) is now accepting applications for a Chief of Staff.
CSG is a unique group of independent thinkers in the Senate of Canada, united in the approach to their role as Senators. Founded on the ideals of regional representation, diversity of political views and thorough research, CSG is the heart of a modernizing Senate.
We are seeking a Chief of Staff to join our leader’s office in Ottawa on a full-time basis.
In this role you will:
- Provide the best possible information, procedural support, and advice to CSG Senators
- Maintain fluid communications between the Leader’s Office and CSG member offices
- Lead and provide mentorship to a dedicated team of leadership staff
- Work closely with CSG senator’s staff, fostering opportunities for them to collaborate on projects and contribute their talents and expertise
- Develop relationships with counterparts in other Senate groups and caucuses
This position will suit a professional with experience well-grounded in legislative processes, with knowledge and interest in national politics and current affairs. A working ability in French is an asset.
The successful candidate will have the ability to motivate others, adjust for a rapidly changing agenda, exercise a high degree of professionalism and discretion, and work unconventional weekday hours. We are offering competitive compensation and benefits, an exciting work environment on Parliament Hill, and a unique position of leadership and influence.
We invite you to learn more about the CSG on our website: csg.sencanada.ca.
To apply for this position, please email your résumé plus covering letter to
Closing date for applications: Sunday, May 8 2022.