Government Relations Coordinator
Function: The Government Relations Coordinator provides administrative support to the Government Relations team.
Reports To: Government Relations Manager
Effective Date: December 2020
The Government Relations Coordinator provides administrative support to the
Government Relations team, and may additionally be required to conduct research and work with stakeholders to support the team in addressing the evolving list of active policy issues.
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
Provide administrative support to the Government Relations team. Duties include:
- Type, format and/or distribute general correspondence/reports/notices of meetings/agendas/minutes/dispatches
- Set up conference calls and coordinate other meeting logistics
- Establish and maintain files and departmental record
- Provide operational and research support to the Government Relations team, including analysis of legislation and regulations impacting the real estate sector and homebuyers.
- Maintain a current awareness and expertise regarding ongoing policy and program issues related to the real estate industr
- Assist the Government Relations team in ensuring Committee plans are implemented on time and on budget, including coordination as required with internal staff, Committee Members, volunteers and external parties
Membership and Other Related Responsibilities:
- Respond to enquiries from Boards/Associations, staff, REALTOR® members and the general public.
- Undertake other projects and duties as assigned by the Director, Government Relations and/or Vice-President, Advocacy.
- College diploma/university degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years working experience with an association and/or federal government environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with document management and filing systems an asset
- Able to work evenings/weekends when required (infrequent)
- Ability to work on multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
- Flexible, cooperative and able to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly team oriented
- Fluently bilingual in English and French is preferred
Please direct your application to: email@example.com
At CREA, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.