The Hill Times, Canada’s leading Political media company is looking for a graphic designer to join its fast-paced design department. The candidate will work with the production team on digital and print projects. The ideal candidate is creative, has good communication skills, has an interest in bold news design, and works well in a fast-paced team environment.
Working in a fast-paced, news environment, you’ll play a key role in multiple print, social, digital, and motion media projects from concept through completion.
- Create print layouts of The Hill Times Monday and Wednesday editions while working with editors to find new ways to showcase The Hill Times’ unique editorial content.
- Design sales brochures, media kits, and other marketing material as needed.
- Design client ads for publication in the newspaper and on the web, special publications, and e-books
- Prepare print-ready PDFs and upload to printer’s website.
- Diploma in Graphic Design or a related field
- A strong working knowledge of design, brand development, digital design, and creative process.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.)
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD and the front-end web tool Elementor is a great asset
- Good desktop publishing and graphic design skills
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion, with a wide range in scope.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Team-oriented, with good communication skills
- Primarily in-office with some flexibility for remote work at least one day a week
Please be sure to include your PORTFOLIO, displaying examples of your design work when submitting your resumé to email@example.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$50,000.00 per year