Partnership & Engagement Manager
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Partnership and Relationship Manager will focus on creating new opportunities for engagement with ONE Canada among its growing network of diverse public/private-sector stakeholders. The role will support the three main pillars of our work (policy, government relations, campaigns) by coordinating an integrated narrative and strategy that explains the value and impact of ONE’s work to new networks of organizations and individuals.
Within the framework of charitable status, the Partnership and Engagement Manager will work closely with leadership to develop and execute a strategy to identify and nurture strong relationships with non-sector partners, influencers and collaborators. These relationships are primarily focused on amplifying ONE Canada’s education and advocacy work, and will also lay the foundation for sustainable funding from domestic donors in Canada, in close collaboration with ONE’s Development Team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Co-develop a two-year partnership and engagement vision and strategy with the Canada Director and Director of Operations
- Build and foster an already existing network of internal and external stakeholders in Canada
- Complete market research analysis and create strategies to increase the effectiveness of stakeholders
- Develop and maintain new relationships and partnership within markets of interest to ONE Canada such as, global health, agriculture, energy poverty, transparency, economic development and recommend potential new markets
- Actively contribute to, and help maintain, ONE’s CRM platform
- Work with the Development Team to identify potential leads to form a broader partnership network
- Manage a systematic, process-driven approach to partner outreach and relationship management
- Identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls, emails and visits
- Research partners, identify key players and generate interest
- Collaborate with senior management and other internal teams to align internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Deliver a great experience to our partners when working with our organization
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
- Support the Policy and Government Relations Manager by developing and nurturing strong relationships with other sector partners that are aligned with ONE’s vision and goals.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and a minimum of 6 years of experience in partnership building and relationship management
- Proven track record of networking, developing and maintaining positive relationships with volunteers, NGOs, government officials, current and prospective donors
- Critical thinking, communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-pace, collaborative environment
- Related work history in poverty and infectious disease alleviation, advocacy, policy, legislation and / or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports
- Solid understanding of national political processes and the Canadian political system
- Positive attitude, creative problem-solver who is eager to meet and exceed goals and targets
- Strong strategic thinking with project management, negotiation, follow-up/documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and also be a team player
Fluency in English & French required.
Post COVID-19 restrictions, light domestic and/or international travel may be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Remote work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ONE jobs (http://www.one.org/jobs).
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the Contact Us page on the web). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.